Thursday, September 30, 2010
Today, I want to share with all of you a little gem that I found on the web.
This website can formulate a weekly meal plan for you and send it to your e-mail address, which is fine if you would like the challenge of cooking a never seen before recipe every night, but if you're like me and mostly stick to the basics, that won't be the service you are interested in!
What I love about this website is the "Save Money" tab along the top of the page. From there you can click "This week's specials" and instantly, all of the flyer specials from the major supermarkets in your region will pop up in an organized chart for your planning convenience! No more flipping through page after page, being overwhelmed by all of the items. Make a list of what you need and see if it is advertised this week!
You can choose which categories you want to browse and which grocery store to be included. The chart will tell you where the product is shipped from, price/kg and will highlight the best deal. The list is updated once/week, usually when the fyiers take effect.
You may have to sign up in order for it to work (I can't remember!) Someone let me know if you do!
I hope that you will find this to be a useful resource when planning your grocery list!
For my non-Canadian readers, I apologize...this might only work for us Canadian folks, eh?
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Yes, indeed it is. Although with a temperature of 33 degrees Celsius (with humidity)...it doesn't really feel like it! But the leaves are changing and the world is full of vibrant colours that are a feast for the eyes.
Today could have been just like every other day,
but to make it special, we decided to go for a drive!
We had two missions in mind:
1) Pick out a couple of pumpkins!!
We chose the Prettiest Pumpkin of them all!
2) Go Dumpster Diving!
We absolutely *love* fall and spring cleanup time.
I tend to think that it is resourcefulness that makes us love it so much.
(rather than materialism! :S)
Here's a list of what we got!
- A like new stroller that folds up nice and small (which will be nice for trips to the mall this winter...gotta get exercise in somehow!)
- A little rocking toy for Pumpkin when she is a bit older
- And a slightly worn, but still nice wicker basket!
- We also saw a beat up antique chest as well and really wanted to get it, but just couldn't fit it into the car! :( It was really neat though. It had the name of the man as well as his address and phone number. The number was 193 (I think) and he was from Saskatchewan!
I want to know...
What treasures have you found dumpster diving???